[Dragaera] Hawk *SPOILERS*

Philip Hart via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Tue Oct 7 22:28:08 PDT 2014

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Bryan Newell via Dragaera wrote:

> Chapter 1
>
> "But here I am talking to you, so I must have managed it."  Who is Vlad
> talking to?  Sounds like someone in the same room, whereas I thought Steve
> communicated with him via a magic box.  Or maybe "here" means "here in time"
> not "here in place."

The guy recording the Texts, no?  They're having a conversation, that's
close enough.

> Chapter 3
>
> "She saw the harness ... Yeah, yeah. I was wearing the harness you gave me,
> with the fancy strange sticky stuff you can pull off and put on again, and I
> had a few weapons attached to it.  There.  Are you happy?"
>
> /Who/ is he talking to?  Is it Steve?  And did whoever-it-is give Vlad some
> sort of velcro harness?

In _Tiassa_ Sethra says he may get some "useful trinkets" from the
recorder.

> "What's odd?"
> "Your head-there was a wall in it."
> "A wall? How could there be-oh, right.  Yeah, I don't want to talk about
> it."
>
> I feel like I should get this, but I don't.

I think this is a left-over from Vlad's trip to the Paths, and Verra's
manipulation of his mind to a) prevent him from going mad or b) do the
stuff she wants him to at some point c) prevent him from killing all the
gods when the time comes d) ...

I didn't understand quite why Daymar's only seeing it now, but perhaps
Vlad's emotional etc. state makes him more transparent.  Maybe what's
going on is related to stuff Verra was working on.