[Dragaera] Fwd: Peasant fantasy

Konrad Gaertner via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Oct 30 12:39:27 PDT 2014

On 10/29/2014 5:37 PM, Steve Rapaport via Dragaera wrote:
> Tavi in Jim Butcher's Codex Alera.
>
> And if you like, in a long time ago in a galaxy far away, there was an
> adopted son of two moisture farmers on Tattooine...

In both cases, while they became heroes before their ancestry was
revealed, that  type of story strongly implies that only someone with the
right bloodlines could  be that sort of hero. Rand al'Thor is another
example.

For better peasants, maybe Laura Resnick's Sirkara trilogy or Robin
Hobb'sRain Wilds quartet?

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - email: kgaertner at tx.rr.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                           -- James Nicoll