[Dragaera] Fwd: Peasant fantasy

Philip Hart via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon Nov 3 15:50:07 PST 2014

On Mon, 3 Nov 2014, skzb at dreamcafe.com wrote:

>> Maybe sharecroppers in the American South after the war would count as a
>> peasant class?
>
> There is implication of a current or past feudal aristocracy, and the
> Southern Slavocracy (in spite of their best efforts and pretensions) never
> did qualify as that.

A (the?) practical implication I take it is that in a feudal system there
would be a religious framework for the class structure, an inarguable
justification, but the black sharecroppers would have access to narratives
(e.g. "all men are created equal") supporting their right to advancement.

Perhaps this reflects Teckla-Easterner discussions that have taken place
here over the years.