[Dragaera] Fwd: Peasant fantasy

Rebecca Harbison via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon Nov 3 16:26:39 PST 2014

I seem to recall that racist arguments that black folks were not suited to
running things (either couched in religious or scientific terms) still
existed pre-1960s, but I don't know how well the sharecroppers bought into
that, or more the 'this is how it's always been, and we can't win if we
fight it, because it is bigger than all of us' mentality.  'All men are
created equal' after all was penned by a man who thought he could own black
people as slaves.