[Dragaera] Hawk

Jon Lincicum via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Fri Nov 7 10:55:47 PST 2014

----- Original Message -----

> From: "Howard Brazee via Dragaera" <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info>
> >In the sense that every
> > strand is needed to make the tapestry complete, it's hard to assign a
> > level of relative importance to any individual thread.

> I'm speculating about what it is that he shouldn't know - maybe something in
> the future.

Lots of things. And for lots of different reasons. May some that don't even relate to him directly, or that we would consider terribly important or significant.

Like, say the goddess knows that one day a certain Jhegaala merchant is going to offer up a sacrifice to Barlan. Verra doesn't want that to happen. So she arranges Vlad's memories so that he gets a craving for a banana on a specific day and time. Why? So that when Vlad discards the peel, two days later the Jhegaala merchant will trip on it and break his neck, and he'll never get to make that sacrifice to Barlan.

Does this matter to anyone other than Verra, the Jhegaala, and maybe Barlan? Is this is an event of titanic, cataclysmic importance that will shape the destinies of the Empire for generations? No. Not everything is going to be. But Vlad is the tool Verra has chosen, so she can use him in any way she sees fit.

Maybe there isn't ONE BIG THING that Vlad "isn't meant to know". Maybe it's just lots and lots of little things.

--Majikjon