[Dragaera] it's late and i'm a little punchy

Scott Schultz via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon Nov 24 09:59:35 PST 2014

LOL, good one.

However - You've provided an opening for me to mention something that has
come back into my forebrain since the topic of Adron popped up.

It could not have happened for the reasons given by Paarfi. Either he is
mistaken, hiding something, or the Orb really did have a Y2K bug.

Adron was never the Emperor, not even for the sixty seconds that he took to
teleport Khaavren and company to safety. The feedback loop would never have
happened because *the Cycle had not turned*.

According to its normal function, the Orb would have sought out the next
Phoenix in line after Tortaalick. The only way for the Orb to attempt to
make Adron emperor, establishing the feedback loop that made Adron
attempting to steal the Orb from himself, would be for the Orb to be *wrong*
about the current phase of the Cycle.

That should not be possible. The Y2K bug is real.

I wonder if the Lords of Judgment addressed the problem when they upgraded
the Orb?