[Dragaera] it's late and i'm a little punchy

Rebecca Harbison via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon Nov 24 11:50:41 PST 2014

> I tend to read a lot into Aliera's remarks in _Taltos_, maybe more than is
> intended, but it appears to me that Adron was not attempting to steal the
> Orb, he was attempting to destroy it, or at least destroy it's link to the
> Cycle. Paarfi just puts a more genteel polish on things that may actually
> be what you could call a cover-up of the true events. I wonder what
> Khaavren would have to say about it?'

'Don't tell them I meant well' covers a multitude of sins; I would like to
think Adron would know destroying the Orb would kill a lot of people and
cause massive chaos (given its role in sorcery).  After all, his sister
married into a family that built sorcery-powered floating castles. But if
he could decouple it from the Cycle, or alter the Cycle, the end of a Great
Cycle would be the time to do it.

I'd also have to reread to see how much Khaavren could pick up directly
versus what he'd have had to ask Aerich (who spent some time talking to
Adron) or Tazendra (who was the closest surviving sorceress to the
epicenter, and might have had impressions other than 'oh shit').  A coup
might look a lot like a revolution (of sorts) if it doesn't go to
completion.

-- Rebecca