[Dragaera] it's late and i'm a little punchy

Scott Schultz via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon Nov 24 12:03:07 PST 2014

>From: Rebecca Harbison [mailto:beccastareyes at gmail.com]
>'Don't tell them I meant well' covers a multitude of sins; I would like to think Adron would know destroying the Orb would kill a lot of >people and cause massive chaos (given its role in sorcery).  After all, his sister married into a family that built sorcery-powered floating >castles. But if he could decouple it from the Cycle, or alter the Cycle, the end of a Great Cycle would be the time to do it.
>

>-- Rebecca

It's a tough question. Howard Breeze recently brought up the question of Free Will in the Empire, and the Cycle figures prominently into such a question. If you knew your people were slaves, and you could break their chains but you would kill 80% of them in the process, would you do that in order to insure the freedom of the remainder? Would the freedom of future generations justify the sacrifice of most of the current generation?

Adron strikes me as the sort of person who would be comfortable with answering "Yes" to that question. I don't think he literally set out to destroy the Empire but I am doubtful that the consideration of doing so would have stopped him.