[Dragaera] Theory re: Sethra & Tukko

Philip Hart via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Mar 24 13:10:54 PDT 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, Jonathan Carey, CHRL via Dragaera wrote:

> First, Tukko is a vampire.

I have really no idea what a vampire is in the Vladiverse, so it's hard to
see how it helps one way or the other.

> This explains the "younger than me" statements that both make about each
> other.  One is referring to their physical age at death, and the other to
> their numerical age.

I've been assuming that Tukko/Chaz is a person embodying a role in Dzur
Mountain's function.  Here presumably the mountain is older, the person is
younger.  Tukko would be more the role, Chaz the person; the former is in
tip-top condition, the latter less so.  Maybe Chaz had a friend who was
the previous Tukko, and the friend said, Stand here for a minute, please,
I've got to go see a man about a horse (hmm, no horse analogs, are
there?), and Chaz has been Tukko ever since.

> Furthermore, and this is a bit more out there, I'm wondering if Tukko is a
> Lavode as well

I don't think, based on _FHYA_, that being a Lavode means anything
significant.

> Being so connected, they are more or less one person in different
> bodies; one of the reasons why Sethra was offered godhood.

Sethra can't be Paarfi and Tukko, it's too confusing.