[Dragaera] Theory re: Sethra & Tukko

Philip Hart via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Mar 24 15:17:57 PDT 2016

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, Jerry Friedman wrote:

>   From: Philip Hart via Dragaera <dragaera at lists.dragaera.info>
> Subject: Re: [Dragaera] Theory re: Sethra & Tukko
>
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016, Jonathan Carey, CHRL via Dragaera wrote:
>
>>> First, Tukko is a vampire.
>>
>> I have really no idea what a vampire is in the Vladiverse, so it's hard to
>> see how it helps one way or the other.
>
> You must have some idea.  Vampires are undead, and they live on,well, other things.
> I must admit, I've never paid attention to whether any food served at Dzur Mountain contains garlic.

She goes out in the daylight but doesn't eat, is undead.  Does one have to
be a vampire to be undead?  Was Loraan a vampire?  Isn't the Necromancer
the one and not the other?  Anyway, perhaps you should wonder if Sethra
feeds on Tukko/Chaz.

> As people pointed out to me here, it sure looks like the Something of
> Dzur Mountain.

IIRC Tukko reacts to Lady Teldra's contact with Iceflame in Hawk in a very
personal way.  That's a clue of something.

>> I don't think, based on _FHYA_, that being a Lavode means anything
>> significant.

> Beyond being a member of an elite corps of fighting sorcerers?

A dime a dozen in context of being a cryptic immortalish piece of whatever
Dzur Mountain is and writer of the Book of Seven Wizards if that's
actually something important enough to get cited all over the Texts.