[Dragaera] Books Yet To Come

Jonathan Carey, CHRL via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Sun Apr 24 08:10:21 PDT 2016

Lyorn:  aristocrats, historians/archivists, the creme de la creme.  No idea
what the story behind this book will be; but I hope it gets into Vlad's, or
rather, Dolivar's history.  Perhaps it will delve into the history of
Dragaera/the Empire as well, and then I'd get to test my theories to see if
they still hold, well, maybe not true, but at least viable.

I strongly suspect that Sethra/Chaz/Jenoine etc may never be fully
explained.

Chreotha: traders, merchants, tailors, and actors.  Costume-designers, I
bet.  I suspect that the story titled Chreotha will detail Assassination #x
where Vlad had to hire a bunch of Chreotha actors to convince someone who'd
protected himself excessively that the "business deal" they'd proposed was
legit.  On the other hand, I don't know how well Steve would like to write
a story with the ending already known; so it's entirely possible, if not
probable, that a separate story will be inter-woven into Chreotha.

Tsalmoth:  more or less a bear.  Not to be confused with the Tsalmyth, the
tree-dwelling oyster turtle.  They "maintain though none knows how".
Tsalmoth are merchants--and if they're anything like bears, you do NOT.
threaten. their young.  It's possible that Tsalmoth will deal with the Left
Hand threatening Vlad Norathar in some way.  That or it's about Vlad having
to source his own honey for his klava while in a forest, on the run from
the Jhereg still.

Vallista:  builders.  Perhaps Vlad builds Cawti a castle, though they've
already got one? (go away yew filthy pig-dogs!) in Szurke.  Otherwise, Vlad
builds a legacy for Vlad II? Or Vlad II and Devera build a life together
cause pretty please, Steve?

The Last Contract: Vlad removes the aspect of Verra's divinity that allows
them to influence each other's lives---implications for his abilities as a
witch?  can't really see himself switching teams to Barlen or something...
Can't see him destroying Verra utterly; that would wreck the world itself.
Perhaps I'm wrong, and Devera takes Verra's spot in the sisters of darkness
trio?  At which point, Vlad Norathar would become a CRAZY powerful witch.

Regards,

Jon Carey, B.A.(Hon), CHRL, CHRP