[Dragaera] follow up

Rebecca Harbison via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Thu Apr 21 16:57:50 PDT 2016

Well, one thing that comes to mind is that raw chaos is generally presented
as dangerous enough that even people who can use it will use the Orb if
they can (beyond the legality).  Most of the uses of Elder Sorcery we've
seen (IIRC -- can't check my books) were at places/times when the Orb was
unavailable, or to do things that can't be done other ways (such as Adron's
attempt to hack the Orb itself).  Or by accident by the desperate (Vlad).

If you want to do something big, or something complex, you might want to
use something more than your own mind/minds, the same way most people
giving a speech would have an outline or notes to stay coherent, or a
painter would do a sketch.

-- Becca Stareyes