[Dragaera] Centuries and Centuries of Dragaeran history and no one has invented a steam engine?

Jonathan Carey, CHRL via Dragaera dragaera at lists.dragaera.info
Mon May 30 10:35:50 PDT 2016

Howard: you're getting your two perspectives mixed up: I'm aware of the
explanations of why we, as humans who exist in OUR world, write about
cultures with impossibly long histories.  The challenge for me was to come
up with a reason that makes sense the story world, so that we may further
prolong the willing suspension of disbelief that all audiences create when
they encounter any sufficiently entertaining entertainment.

Regards,

Jon Carey, B.A.(Hon), CHRL, CHRP