[Dragaera] The deal with Sethra

Louis Eastman almagaiz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 19:58:37 PDT 2006

PLEASE use the spoilers headings. SPOILERS.

On 8/3/06, tom sausman <inuyashadontask at netscape.net> wrote:

> 1)Sethra alter ego is Kiera, to "get information" but what kind, She's a
> Drogn learning Jhereg intel.

Because the Jhereg fulfill a vital need in the Empire and she doesn't want
them
getting out of hand. Also, they know everything about illegal matters.

2) Does Sethra had a personla venta, she had Blackwand why not use it?

Because Blackwand didn't 'choose' her. She already had Iceflame, which is
on par with Godslayer and the Orb.

3)Not even Kiera the Thief can get the blood of a goddess, so was really
> Aliera blood,and would it                be dangerous to Kiera/Sethra ?

It was Verra's blood, and she gave it to Sethra.

4) How did she remember the "old" days?

Aliera had Sethra pull her former memories out of her head. Sethra remembers
because she's 200,000 years old.

5) Wasn't she "nobody" like a healer or something in the "old
> days"(before the empirs)?

She was important; she was a Shaman, probably a user of Pre-Empire
sorcery, and Kieron's brother/sister.

6)What happen to Tuko? The new guy is Chaz( sounds familiar anybody else?)

Same guy.

7) I thought Tuko was the Inn keeper who gave the Khraaven gang the
> horses... So why did he                       called  Sehtra "Little
> Dragon"?

Different guy, I think. And because it's as close as you can get to a term
of affection to Sethra.

8)Little Dragon?

She's a Dragon and/or a Dzur.

9) How Sethra know Vlad was knew he was, and why contact him through Kiera?

She either was looking for his soul for thousands of years or Verra told
her. To keep him safe,
most likely, and teach him skills.

10) Why is Keria so nice to Vlad and likes his presonity but Sethra "at
> times" mind you dislikes it /                       Come Vlad never
> treated Kiera out or even contact her?

Kiera is a different person than Sethra,

11)When Vlad discovers Kiera to be Sethra in Orca he blamed Loiosh, but
> on page 65 Loiosh says             "have we ever into her before?"

      Vlad says " Ummm, Loiosh, I think we'd remeber if we had"

That was, I believe, page 65 of Taltos, and that's because Loiosh is
apparently
really good at telling who is undead. Also, when he ran into Sethra the
first time,
both of them had no idea it was Kiera.

12) Sethra said one who is dead the soul cannot be taken by a Morganti
> blade. so does this that                            Sethra cannot be
> kille be a GW or a Morganti Blade/ off topic: How come Morrolan
>                        never used that beam of black light that created
> the hole in his temple in the
> Romances?

Her soul is in her body presumably, so yes, she can be killed by a Morganti
weapon.
Morrolan used it by accident. and not by intent-perhaps he didn't know how
to replicate it
then.

13)When Vlad and Morrolan came back to Dzur Mountain after the fight
> with Lorran, Sethra looks          haggered, is it because she just
> fought a Jenoie?

Yes, she had.

14) How did she know about "Spellbraker", and how could she predict that
> Vlad would take it off                      Lorran hands?If Spellbreaker
> is made form the gold stuff from Greenace island(?)

      come he still telport, and commicate but can't with the pendent?

Who knows? She talks to gods a lot, and the gods are the ones who Godslayer
into pieces in the first place. The phoenix stones prevent him from using
psychics
or sorcery as long as they're near him, and not in his special box.