[Dragaera] Big-ish Problems, also a light sploier.

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 19:18:47 PDT 2006

On 8/4/06, S. Hall <incubusyouth at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: tom sausman <inuyashadontask at netscape.net>

> >           On (big book again, sorry) page 96 of Tatlos, Morrolan clearly
> >stated that he fought the biragand at the top of deathgates while Zerika
> >made are descent. BUT in _the Paths of the Dead_ page 326 ( is when
> >Zerika plunged) and Morrolan was nowhere to be had... I believe Lady
> >Tedlera (sorry no word bank over here) had just found after the bangits
> >attacked Blackchapel.
>
> Go check out how old some of the books are (at least 20 years I believe).
> The story will change in Steve's head from time-to-time. I'm betting he was
> planning on using Morrolan when Zerika went over the edge, but had to change
> the story around as he was writing it so as to keep things smooth, like
> keeping Morrolan from being in 2 places at once or having him fight a random
> battle when there is another he should (and would be, since he's a Dragon)
> fighting

I must dispute you on this matter.

While SKZB is only mortal, and does sometimes make mistakes out of
forgetfulness, or because he changed his mind, I feel fairly certain
that in at least these situations, he used his unreliable narrators
(Vlad, Morrolan and Paarfi) to deliberately introduce conflicting
accounts.  Note specifically the chapter title of Chapter 27 of /Paths
of the Dead/, and how that chapter ends.

There has been a certain amount of speculation on this issue; see also:

   http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Speculation:Morrolan_e%27Drien