[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Possible crack in the orb

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 10 23:34:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
>
> Blank lines follow

> but not only blank lines.
>

> >On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Howard Brazee wrote:
> >
> >> I don't think Kragar was a nobody.   There's a story behind him.
> >
> >My concern is that we've seen Kragar as a guy with lots of contacts
> >and ways of finding out info, but I don't think we've seen him as
> >someone able to call on the assistance of powerful forces.  I'm
> >not sure _Yendi_ or _Teckla_ make obvious sense in light of this.
>
> Hmmm... Maybe Kragar has been spending time on an alternate plane of
> existence where time moves faster, or something.
>
> This certainly seems like a crack to me.

Hard for me to imagine that this wasn't carefully considered by SKZB.
Perhaps Mario was busy those days.  Perhaps he commands a really
exorbitant fee. But for that matter, an active Mario doing favors for
Aliera isn't necessarily consistent with _Y_ or _T_ either.

Someone should dig up comments about Mario in _Jhereg_ too...

Wild speculation about Mario's age vs Paarfi's account - _he_ ended
up on a plane such as you describe following Sethra and Aliera's
assassination of Tortaalik.