[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Possible crack in the orb

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 12:23:43 PDT 2006

On 8/11/06, Jose Marquez <jhereg69 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Philip Hart wrote:
> >
> >> Blank lines follow

> >> but not only blank lines.
> >>

> > Wild speculation about Mario's age vs Paarfi's account - _he_ ended
> > up on a plane such as you describe following Sethra and Aliera's
> > assassination of Tortaalik.
>
> I could see that. My initial reaction to the description of Mario's age
> was more mundane: "Huh. He's probably in disguise." I imagine very few
> people know what Mario looks like. Aliera is one. I doubt that Vlad is
> another, despite their brief meetings in Dzur. Kragar might, although I
> doubt it. If the Orb was recording at the time, then Zerika knows what
> he looks like as well. Sethra teleported him. Khaavren might remember as
> well. I can't remember who saw him towards the end of FHYA. He seemed to
> be good at disguising himself back then...

Heh. My reaction was, "Paarfi is wrong, wrong, wrong!" Note that he
talks like an oldie, too.

"He nodded and smiled. Like the guy who lived downstairs, as I said
before. Or else maybe the old man who pinches the pretty girl in the
market, but she smiles back instead of smacking him. That guy."

I like the idea that he really looks exactly the way Vlad sees him.
Because, you see, it *is* such a great disguise.

-Maximilian

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,