[Dragaera] Dzur spoilers - 17 thoughts

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 15:17:40 PDT 2006

On 8/12/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> >> You mean aside from the overt occasions where he's about to say
> >> something rude and Teldra stops him?
> >>

> > Was it overt, though?  From what I recall and notice, there's just
> > points where he starts to go one way, then changes his mind.  Since he
> > never says *why* he changes his mind, it is ambiguous whether it is
> > because of LT.
> >
> > And even then, I am wondering if he changes his mind because LT is
> > having an unconcious influence on him, or because touching her hilt
> > comforts and calms him, thus causing him to be less snappy, or because
> > that sense of comfort reminds him of his conversations with Teldra
> > when she still lived, and he conciously strives to modify his own
> > behaviour in order to honor and emulate her (that is, doing what she
> > might have advised him to do were she there with him in real life).
> > Or perhaps some combination of all of the above.
> >
> I fail to see any significant distinction here. Does it matter *how*
> Teldra influences his behavior?

What, you mean you perceive no difference between behaving differently
because of being reminded of someone, and behaving differently because
that someone's soul is now linked to the soul of the one behaving
differently?

Well, I perceive a difference, and I am curious to know which one it is.

And another thing to look for on a re-read of /Issola/ - I wonder,
does Teldra bite her thumb when she's thinking?