[Dragaera] Ardon's Keep

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 15:35:51 PDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Scott wrote:
> >                When Morrolan returned home he got his land, but what
> > about Aliera's Keep-to-be, did it go under during the Interengum ( you
> > know what I am trying to spell ) ?
> >

> Given that Steve hasn't written anything about the current status of
> Redface, we can only speculate.
>

> So, some possibilities:

[snip]

>  2) Adron had no children (Aliera being presumed dead) and no living
> relations of any provable merit, so the lands reverted to the Empire.

Morrolan e'Drien is Adron's sister's son.  It's reasonable to
speculate that he was granted the Duchy of Eastmanswatch as an
inheritance.

Maybe it's something he and Aliera fought about.

Morrolan: Since you are Adron's daughter, you of course inherit his
lands.  They were granted to me, since I was the only known living
heir, but I will be glad to hand them over to you.
Aliera: What, you save my life, making me the Dragon Heir, *and* you
want to give me my inheritance? No way, I *refuse* to go into debt to
you further.  Keep the damn lands, and we are *even*.