[Dragaera] How Deadly are Morganti Weapons?

dovekie dovekie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 09:45:37 PDT 2006

On 8/27/06, Erik Holmes <shoby187 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Have we ever seen anyone WOUNDED by a Morganti weapon in the books?
>
> Is a small scratch by a morganti blade deadly? How about something that would normaly be just a
> flesh wound? Does a morganti wound have to be a mortal one in order to destroy the soul?
>
> What would happen if someone was stabbed in the stomach with a morganti blade (not instantly
> fatal) and someone then removed the blade?
>
> Right now I am running a GURPS game set in Dragaera and I'm wondering how deadly I should make
> these weapons.

There is a relevant torture scene, I believe in Yendi,  where Vlad
threatens a sorceress by holding a morganti knife to the inside of her
thigh. There might be other textev on the point, but I believe the
rule in the book is that if a morganti weapon draws blood, the
victim's soul dies.

Morganti weapons are potentially game-breaking, I think, at least as
they're written.  On the other hand, being caught with one carries the
death penalty...

Sarah

--
"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."