[Dragaera] May be moot by now, but - House of Lavodes is Dzur, I think

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Aug 28 10:34:58 PDT 2006

"Ryan Bradley" <cop4christ at gmail.com>
08/28/06 07:31 AM

"Jon_Lincicum at stream.com" <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com>
cc

Subject
Re: [Dragaera] May be moot by now, but - House of Lavodes is Dzur, I think

>On 8/25/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
>"Davdi Silverrock" <davdisil at gmail.com >
>Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
>08/25/06 01:48 PM

>"Dragaera List" <dragaera at dragaera.info >
>cc
>
>Subject
>Re: [Dragaera] May be moot by now, but - House of Lavodes is Dzur,      I
>think
>

>>On 8/25/06, Jon_Lincicum wrote:
>>>
>>> This does not mean that all Lavodes are Dzur, just that we do not yet
>have
>>> any *direct* evidence to the contrary.
>>>

>>Sergeant says: "no one single House", and for that matter, "one or two
>>are without doubt Dragonlords."
>>
>>So that is indeed direct evidence that they were not all Dzur, despite
>>that many of them were of that House.
>>
>>QED.
>
>Well, this is hearsay evidence, so I don't know how direct it really is,
>but then, I never thought that all Lavodes were Dzur anyway.
>
>I was unter the impresion that the Lavodes were of any and all houses
that were able to gain membership.  They existed to handle powerful
threats to the Empire that were non-military.   And considering >that the
Lavodes were founded  by  Sethra, who is  in fact a  Dragon,  I can't
imagine  she would restrict membership  to the  Dzur.

Well, we have at least as much evidence that Sethra is a Dzur as we do
that she is a Dragon. (Perhaps even a bit more.)
Yet again, I do not believe that all Lavodes are Dzur, and anecdotal
evidence suggests that there have been Lavodes of other houses...

Still, we can't point to any one Lavode and say "He was definitely a
Dragon" or "She was definitely a Tiassa".

How important is this? <shrug> Not very. But it does leave at least a
theoretical possibility that Lavodes are always Dzur. Just not a very
strong one.