[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 13:28:30 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Philip Hart wrote:

Spoiler space...

> > .

> I think this achieves the desired simplification of the events around
> Tortaalik's death (no Sethra whispering state secrets the moment M happens
> to be hiding in the arras, etc.) at the cost of our understanding what
> M has going for him that Aliera is attracted to.

The only problem I can see with that is that the
state-secrets-in-arras scene was witnessed by Khaavren.  Is he also
part of the conspiracy?

> > And hey, maybe that's why she's pissy with Kragar - it's OK for Jhereg
> > to be assassins, because that's their House, but it's dishonorable for
> > Dragons to be assassins, and she's not OK with Kragar being one.
>

> I like this, but don't see how it works with Norathar - unless she was
> compelled to join the Jhereg for reasons Aliera accepts, but Kragar
> wasn't.

Yes, I think that's what makes it work.  "Oh, poor baby, unjustly
accused when still an infant, of course you had to become an assassin"
vs "Kragar, you were raised as a Dragon, an e'<whatever>!  What the
hell is wrong with you, dishonoring your heritage like that?!"

Or something like that, anyway.