[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 11 13:36:28 PDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 9/11/06, Philip Hart wrote:
>
> Spoiler space...
>
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
> > > .
>
> > I think this achieves the desired simplification of the events around
> > Tortaalik's death (no Sethra whispering state secrets the moment M happens
> > to be hiding in the arras, etc.) at the cost of our understanding what
> > M has going for him that Aliera is attracted to.
> >

> The only problem I can see with that is that the
> state-secrets-in-arras scene was witnessed by Khaavren.  Is he also
> part of the conspiracy?

Well, he would have witnessed M not killing T, if one cleaves (mostly) to
_FHYA_, so the arras is the least problem - and sure, why not have
Khaavren be loyal to the empire instead of being T's poodle?

Or maybe he thinks things happened more or less as in _FHYA_ except that
he didn't happen to be present at the time.