[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] Another terribly amusing Speculation

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Sep 11 17:11:50 PDT 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> On 9/11/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
>
>> Mercury
>> Venus
>> Earth
>> Mars
>> Ceres
>> Jupiter
>> Saturn
>> Uranus
>> Neptune
>> Pluto
>> Sedna
>> Xena
>> Minerva
>> Aphrodite
>> Loki
>> Bartelby
>> Azreal
>>
>> A further thought that just struck me...
>>
>> Kragar was handling the "work" arrangements for possibly the two best
>> assassins in the Empire. (Mario and Vlad)
>>
>> ...and, in fact, Kragar seems to have been a rather formative influence
>> on Vlad's rise to prominence as an assassin...  (Pointing out his
>> failings after his very first job, for example...)
>>
>> Since he presumably knows quite a bit about how Mario works, Kragar may
>> just be the one responsible for making Vlad as good an assassin as he
>> ended up being.
>>
>> It helps to learn from the best, even indirectly.
>>

> Now I wonder if perhaps Mario was perhaps involved in training up
> other skilled assassins.  Like, say, the Sword of the Jhereg.  Which
> would give him another reason to become involved in the South
> Adrilankha issue.
If this were the case, one would wonder why Aliera was having so much
trouble tracking down Norathar leading up to /Yendi/?

> And maybe also the Dagger of the Jhereg.  Which
> might be why he calls her that.

Cawti and Kragar never really interacted with each other when she was
married to Vlad, (I believe Vlad comments on this in /Dzur/... ) and it
seems likely they would have at least met if Mario and Cawti had had any
sort of relationship prior to her killing Vlad.

Of course, if Mario *had* been training The Sword and the Dagger, Kragar
might have been *their* contact as well. Which would make him *the* man
to talk to in Adrilankha if you needed a, uh, problem solved.