[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] Another terribly amusing Speculation

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 18:12:59 PDT 2006

On 9/11/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
> > On 9/11/06, Jon Lincicum wrote:
> >
> >> Mercury
> >> Venus
> >> Earth
> >> Mars
> >> Ceres
> >> Jupiter
> >> Saturn
> >> Uranus
> >> Neptune
> >> Pluto
> >> Sedna
> >> Xena
> >> Minerva
> >> Aphrodite
> >> Loki
> >> Bartelby
> >> Azreal
> >>

> > Now I wonder if perhaps Mario was perhaps involved in training up
> > other skilled assassins.  Like, say, the Sword of the Jhereg.  Which
> > would give him another reason to become involved in the South
> > Adrilankha issue.

> If this were the case, one would wonder why Aliera was having so much
> trouble tracking down Norathar leading up to /Yendi/?

A: "Why didn't you *tell* me that your [former] apprentice was the
e'Lanya Heir?!?"
M: "Well, first of all, I never knew, and second of all, you never asked!"

> > And maybe also the Dagger of the Jhereg.  Which
> > might be why he calls her that.
> >
> Cawti and Kragar never really interacted with each other when she was
> married to Vlad, (I believe Vlad comments on this in /Dzur/... ) and it
> seems likely they would have at least met if Mario and Cawti had had any
> sort of relationship prior to her killing Vlad.

Well, I guess in this scenario, Mario trained Norathar before he
partnered with Kragar.
Cawti might have been secondarily-trained by Norathar.

Or alternatively, Mario, cagey fellow that he is, keeps his
assassin-trainees separate, for whatever reason.

Hm. Wasn't Kragar was the one who told Vlad that the Sword & Dagger
were after him?