[Dragaera] [Dzur Spoiler] A terribly amusing Speculation

John Dallman jgd at cix.co.uk
Wed Sep 13 10:28:00 PDT 2006

In article
<OF10958B4D.486EE463-ON882571E6.0070921A-882571E6.0071C59C at stream.com>,
Jon_Lincicum at stream.com () wrote:

> Uh... Just the fact that Vlad meets someone who calls himself Mario.
> Someone we have no reason to disbelieve, and who would put himself in
> potentially grave danger by claiming to be Mario when he's not.
>
> And the fact that his claim is backed up by Sethra/Kiera, of course.

Would Dragaerans have a different metaphor for "grave danger"? Actually,
since not making it to Deathgate is seriously bad for them, the grave is
an even worse image for them.

Vlad certainly believed Mario; it's a tribute to the extent that he's
internalised Jehreg banter that he doesn't even think about the fact
that Mario obviously doesn't want to kill him, because he isn't dead.
But that would be a Pratchettism, and Steve seems to avoid those.

---
John Dallman, jgd at cix.co.uk, HTML mail is treated as probable spam.