[Dragaera] [Dzur spoiler] Interesting bits 1

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Mon Sep 25 16:24:59 PDT 2006

Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Mark Tiller <mtiller at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd
>> think
>> of
>> some
>> smart
>> Haiku
>> for
>> spoiler
>> lines
>> if
>> could
>> but
>> it
>> seems
>> not
>> today
>>

>> In the scene where Devera appears, (I'm away from my copy at the moment) so
>> I can't quote exactly) she says something like I'm sorry Uncle Vlad but it's
>> got to be this way and you will have it all back together eventually.
>>
>> Now IF and it's a big IF she's referring to Godslayer, that raises all sorts
>> of interesting possibilities.
>>

> As in, you think by "you will have it all back someday" she means that
> she knows already that the events in /Dzur/ will occur? Which means
> that Verra could have known as well? It is interesting, but it's very
> hard to tell how time works when it comes to Devera, the Lords of
> Judgment, and the Paths of the Dead. Anyway, am I understanding you
> correctly?

I don't think it's necessary for Devera to know the exact events that
happen in /Dzur/ will happen for her to make this statement...

If Devera knows what Verra has in store for Vlad (which seems likely)
and knows why Verra is taking his memories away, it follows that she'll
know if Verra has plans on giving those memories back to him (or perhaps
she simply sees that he will inevitably become powerful enough to take
them back himself) somewhere down the line.

This is especially true if Verra really is preparing Vlad for some great
purpose (which seems likely).

When and if Vlad fulfills Verra's great purpose, I'd say it's likely he
will learn a whole lot about what's been going on before he does so.