[Dragaera] "Work" and money

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 13:18:14 PDT 2006

On 10/12/06, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the course of researching some other stuff, I was looking at the
> page in Yendi that first mentions Cawti and Norathar as The Dagger and
> The Sword.  Vlad mentions that the duo "won't even talk to you for
> less than eight or nine [thousand gold pieces]", and would probably
> have charged "at least twenty thousand" for Laris.

You know, that's interesting, given that the reward for Mellar was
about 65,000, and it was that reward that made Vlad decide he was rich
enough to buy a castle. Maybe that was just the final straw that put
him over e.g. the 200,000 mark, but it's still interesting.

> [1]  Random tangent: Vlad made quite a bit of money himself doing
> "work", yet never did seem to be able to keep it.  Could that have
> been because of some memories that... went away?

Hmmm, 65-odd assassinations for at least 3000 each, plus whatever he
was pulling in from his area. I dunno. Then again, the only comment I
remember about Vlad not being able to keep wealth is from /Taltos/,
where he seems to think it got blown on impressing girls. He has
plenty of money in /Orca/, though. Maybe it's just a comment on how
marriage affects your financial habits.

-Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are, be witty if you can,
But be cheerful if it kills you.

Everything in Windows is very simple, but the simplest thing is difficult.
    -Clauswitz