[Dragaera] Vlad: son/not son of Verra?

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 21:06:00 PDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Jon Lincicum  wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> > Vlad's mom is not Verra (I assert).
> >
> We'll see. (Or maybe we won't, and Steve will just keep us guessing, but
> my money says Verra *is* in fact Vlad's real mother...Whether he ever
> learns about it or not.)

Context for newbies:  It has been speculated that Vlad is actually
Verra's son.  There is absolutely no textual or external evidence for
this (that is, SKZB has neither confirmed nor denied this
speculation).  I presume people are just going by a few misinterpreted
phrases here and there (like Devera referring to "Uncle" Vlad), and
perhaps some general hint of odd chemistry in the interaction between
VtDG & VT.

See also:  http://dragaera.wikia.com/wiki/Speculation:Vlad_Taltos#Vlad.27s_Mother

So Jon is a pro-Vlad-is-Verra's-son, and I know that Mark Mandel,
despite his intermittent participation, is also very much in favor of
the idea.  So that's two votes in favor.

I think it's all apophenia, myself, and vote absolutely not.

Anyone else want to sound off on where they stand on this particular issue?