[Dragaera] Dragaeran Publication Date of _Five Hundred YearsAfter_

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 26 16:09:15 PDT 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Scott (scott at cjhunter.com>) wrote:

> Indeed, if Aliera, through Paarfi, has managed to white-wash her
> father's part in the Catastrophe then she's likely to be pleased as
> punch.

If intended as a whitewash, it's a failure.  It's at best a greywash -
_FHYA_ does not exculpate Adron - in particular the scenes with Aerich
provide a clear moral contrast.

> All of the talk about her beauty being the talk of the Court and the
> fanciful first encounter with Mario, where he's dumbstruck and would
> prefer to be caught than to look away? Propaganda and self-indulgence.

I believe Vlad remarks on seeing her in the Paths that a Dragaeran would
find her very attractive.

> Really, the whole book starts to make a lot more sense if Aliera herself is
> supplying most of the information to Paarfi.

I think Sethra makes a better ghost-writer or source.  Can't see Aliera
bothering.