[Dragaera] Unstoppable Force vs Immovable Object

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Thu Nov 16 11:36:20 PST 2006

Davdi Silverrock wrote:

>Yet this doesn't make sense in the context.  The Empress has no
>motivation to interfere in the affairs of House Jhereg when those
>affairs are not in conflict with the Empire.  More specifically, she
>has no motivation to intercede in the investigation of the murder of
>one rather minor Jhereg by another very minor Jhereg; there's little
>point in defending the murderer when as far as she can tell he was
>indeed guilty of the murder. And she certainly gave no "testimony",
>having no testimony to give.

However we have seen that she wasn't fooled.   And we also have seen
that various powers seem to have plans for Vlad.

Her acceptance was testimony all by itself when she's the person running
the Orb.   Certainly the orb and her are a unit, which is smart enough
to get around such tricks - when it matters.   At that point in time,
she believed that her input wasn't the best for the empire.