[Dragaera] The Unrecorded Cracks

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 23:14:04 PST 2007

On 2/12/07, Jon Lincicum  wrote:

> How about in /Paths of the Dead/, where Kana is meeting with
> the members of the houses, and the Chreotha "Lady Deppian"
> turns into "Lord Deppian" halfway down the page?
>
> I asked Steve about this one time, and his response was that
> Lord and Lady were both present at the meeting, but if this is
> true, then Paarfi's tally of the number of guests at the meeting
> (earlier in the chapter) is off by one...

/tPG/: Speaking of gender confusion, while Cherova III is referred to
in all other places as a (female) Empress, Aerich twice uses the
phrase "His Majesty" when speaking of this Cherova, in the sequence
where he refers to h... a Lyorn who was disgraced.  And it's not like
there were multiple rulers in the same Reign; Empress Cherova III took
the Orb, and Empress Cherova III passed the Orb to Tortaalik.  And the
previous ruler - during the Jhegaala Reign - was also an Empress.

Hm.  Perhaps Cherova dabbled a bit in transvestitism, or even actual
transgenderism, in order to relieve a personal ennui, and it was in
this period that she, or he, as he presumably preferred to style
himself, negotiated with Elde Island.  This would have been a rather
brief experiment, since it was as Empress that she gave Shaltre
permission to attack Arylle.