[Dragaera] The Unrecorded Cracks

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 19:52:35 PST 2007

On 2/13/07, Peter H. Granzeau  wrote:
> At 02:14 AM 2/13/2007, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> >/tPG/: Speaking of gender confusion, while Cherova III is referred to
> >in all other places as a (female) Empress, Aerich twice uses the
> >phrase "His Majesty" when speaking of this Cherova,

> For a Watsonian explanation, remember that Dragaeran does indeed have
> pronouns that mean "him or her, whichever the case may be", and it is
> possible that Paarfi's English translator made the misteak.

I assure you that I remembered that.  Yet consider: Aerich is a Lyorn,
and not only knows the (historically known) name and gender of the
previous Emperors, he is also an expert on etiquette, and therefore
knows the absolutely correct form of address for an individual of any
given rank, up to the Emperor.  He would not have used the
gender-indeterminate form when he knew that an Empress ought to be
called "Her Majesty".