[Dragaera] The Unrecorded Cracks

Jon Lincicum lincicum at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 21:51:37 PDT 2007

Mark A. Mandel wrote:
> This is already on Cracks and Shards, although I see that I've left a reference blank and I haven't updated the Contents links on the Cracks main page. See http://cracksandshards.com/misc-cracks.html#Chaz_Tukko .
>
> Respectfully submitted,
> Mark A. Mandel
> Proprietor, Cracks and Shards
> a Steven K.Z. Brust fan page

I beg your pardon, but the Chaz/Tukko-related crack to which you do the
honor to refer on your page is not, in fact, the same as the one being
cited here...

The crack on this page is in regards to the name of the character (and
certainly a valid point, as Chaz seems to inherit the name of a certain
Jhereg innkeeper from /TPG/ at some point along the line) whereas I
believe the issue that Davdi was trying to draw attention to was in
regards to the seemingly contradictory statements made by Sethra in
/Issola/ that Tukko is "Younger than I am." and by Tukko in /Dzur/
saying that Sethra is "Younger than I am."

While I am entirely convinced that this is an intentional situation on
our esteemed author's part, I believe that it is, nevertheless, an
anomoly worth documenting.