[Dragaera] Iconaclastic lyrics

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 7 21:22:07 PDT 2007

On 5/4/07, Howard Brazee wrote:
>   I put lyrics in my iPod, but recognize that some of my lyrics were
> guessing.   If someone could listen to */A Rose For Iconoclastes/*, and
> edit my lyrics, I would appreciate corrections.
>

> =======================
> Marion
>     Steven Brust
> ------------
> It's time that I woke up.
> It's time I got out of here.
> Either I'm insane or there's an old dame

"an old Dane", not "an old dame"

> pouring poison in my ear.

(As in, Hamlet's fratricidal uncle. "The play's the thing, to catch
the conscience of the king"  &c)

> is the way it feels when I kick my heels
> in the waters of the Barbary Coast

 "the waters off the Barbary Coast"

> (chorus)
>

> (instrumental)
> Someday I'll get back

"Someday I'll get back home"

> I'll find out if you care,
> I'll lie on my back,

"I'll lie on my back while the sun turns black"

> shoot an arrow into the air.

> Home is calling my name
> saying I shouldn't make haste

"saying I should make haste"

> I don't quite see what you're saying to me

"I don't quite see what you'll say to me"