[Dragaera] Iconaclastic lyrics

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon May 7 22:14:20 PDT 2007

On 5/4/07, Howard Brazee wrote:
>   I put lyrics in my iPod, but recognize that some of my lyrics were
> guessing.   If someone could listen to */A Rose For Iconoclastes/*, and
> edit my lyrics, I would appreciate corrections.
>

> =======================
> Till My Baby Comes Home
>     Steven Brust
> ------------
> My Baby's been gone for most a year,

There's an apostrophe before "'most", indicating a contraction of "almost"

> I don't sweat and I don't fear

Steve clearly sings "sweat", but the printed lyrics clearly say "fret".  Eh.

> Gonna take one hit of this pipe I'm a smoking
  "one hit off this pipe", it says

> Gonna say one thought that needs to be spoken

> Sometimes waiting can get a little hard
> Been working a lot, but I ain't not tired

"but I ain't tired"

> Put two balls at up in the same side pocket

 "Put two balls at once in the same side pocket"

> Or two round pegs into one square pocket

 "Put two round pegs into one square socket"

> But our two pictures in a heart shaped locket

 "Put our two pictures in a heart shaped locket