[Dragaera] Emma Bull's Territory, and Will Shetterly's Dogland sequel: Gospel of the Knife

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:08:25 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Johne Cook wrote:

> [Pimping /Gospel of the Knife/]

Will Shetterly, in what is perhaps an excess of enthusiasm, has gone
and made the text of both /Dogland/ and /The Gospel of the Knife/
available online:

   http://qwertyranch.blogspot.com/2007/07/dogland.html

   http://qwertyranch.blogspot.com/2007/07/gospel-of-knife.html

Note that he may decide to take these down at some point in time.

In addition, Will Shetterly is on tour currently with his wife, Emma
Bull (co-author with Steven Brust of /Freedom and Necessity/, and
author of the prelude to /The Paths of the Dead/), who has written her
own book, /Territory/.

She has made the first 2 chapters available here:

   http://coffeeem.livejournal.com/36458.html

With some Q&A about the book starting here:

   http://coffeeem.livejournal.com/41371.html

and here:

   http://coffeeem.livejournal.com/41804.html

(note following for list relevance)

[begin cite]

2) What inspired you to write Territory?

It's Steven Brust's fault. In 1993 he saw a newly-released movie, came
home, called Will (Shetterly) and me, and said, "You have to see this.
I want to see it again. Come on, we're going to the movies." It was
/Tombstone/, written by Kevin Jarre and starring Kurt Russell and Val
Kilmer. We were all scarred for life--well, Steve and I were. (Steve
will still sometimes answer the phone with "I'm your huckleberry.")
Will is made of slightly sterner stuff.

[end cite]