[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 4 13:24:59 PDT 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
>> Planting something in Aliera's rooms would not work because
>> she could simply demand to be allowed to testify under the Orb
>> that it was not hers.
>
> IF Tortaalik agreed to allow her to so testify

Being forbidden to testify would satisfy her honor on that score.
House Dragon would have a fine excuse to rebel, too.

> and IF the inquisitor (likely chosen by Tortaalik) asked a question that
> allowed her to say so.

Aliera would not be susceptible to such games - Khaavren is aware that
any of his companions would have found a way out (as did he).

> It strikes me that Aliera's behavior here seems very similar to
> Morrolan's behavior later regarding refusing to defend his reputation
> from slander.

She does immediately react.  And having gone so far without denying the
truth of the charge is an explicit acknowledgment. M doesn't dignify
slander by not admitting it exists.

> And all this is not to say that we have any proof that the stone WAS planted, either.

She as much as admits it to Tazendra - and I think Adron acts as if he
believes it was hers.

> At best, it is an unknown.

Well, because Paarfi may make stuff up, not because the evidence is weaker
than usual.