[Dragaera] Dragaera Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 14:52:20 PDT 2007

--- Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Jon Lincicum wrote:

> > From: Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
> >> Planting something in Aliera's rooms would not work because
> >> she could simply demand to be allowed to testify under the Orb
> >> that it was not hers.
> >
> > IF Tortaalik agreed to allow her to so testify
>
> Being forbidden to testify would satisfy her honor on that score.
> House Dragon would have a fine excuse to rebel, too.
>

> > and IF the inquisitor (likely chosen by Tortaalik) asked a question
> that
> > allowed her to say so.
>
> Aliera would not be susceptible to such games - Khaavren is aware that
> any of his companions would have found a way out (as did he).

Agreed.

Lord Macropus: Are you loyal to the Emperor?

Aliera: First, I did not have chaos stones in my room in--

Lord Macropus: Order! The witness will confine herself to answering
the questions.

Aliera: I have the honor to inform you that you are too late, my
lord.  I have now said all that I came here to say.

Jerry Friedman