[Dragaera] Giddy T-shirt par-ergon

Bryan Newell bryann at bryann.net
Thu Jan 10 18:20:35 PST 2008

> If I may be permitted direct commentary on other
> suggestions, I think Paarfi says "as it were" only
> when there's something colloquial or innovative or
> otherwise odd about his expression.

I was aiming for a more Paarfi-esque "if you can call it that" but obviously
I missed.

> On first-person pronouns, I admit that Paarfi says "we",
> but starting with "Our" (even "Our parents--that is,
> those of the wearer of this shirt--") strikes me as odd.

How about not mentioning their relationship to the wearer of the shirt at
all and let the reader make the connection themselves based on the
underlying meme?  For example, "A pair of Hawklords in the twilight of life
sought diversion from their diminishing duties and mounting cares by
sojourning..."

Bryan