[Dragaera] A Paarfict Storm

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 14:06:19 PST 2008

Elizabeth pointed out problems with the grammar and flow of the ending
that bothered me as well.  I finally decided to rewrite the ending
entirely, move a Paarfiism, and then ended up rewriting the beginning
and splitting it.  Hm.  I am still pondering whether this might be
honed more, or whether it is time to draw that line in the sand.

Revision Mk. 28:

My esteemed parents did themselves the honor of traveling to Dragaera
City for a holiday, enjoying that city's tolerably fine meals and
expensive entertainments.  However, the unfortunate timing of their
visit led to its interruption by the riots and uprisings preceding
that crucial point in our history when the conflict between Lord Adron
e'Kieron and Emperor Tortaalik erupted into open rebellion,
culminating in the explosion of raw amorphia that transformed the city
and its environs into the Lesser Sea of Chaos.  While I am happy to
report that said parents had the good fortune to escape the Disaster
and return home safely with their luggage, they pretended that due to
the haste of their departure from the city, the only token of their
adventure they could provide was, as you may perceive, this nearly
unremarkable garment made of sadly cheap fabric; note the plain design
of this common sort of shirt.
 --  Two words from a certain Gentleman of the House of the Hawk.

As ever, I nearly hope for comments.