[Dragaera] No traffic since February?

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Thu Mar 13 12:04:45 PDT 2008

On 12 Mar 2008 at 16:47, Margaret Young wrote

> Academics do think of it as work, even if it is work they (and other
> members of the audience) enjoy, in the sense that it takes cognitive
> energy. I guess that for those of us who enjoy it — that is what we
> look to entertainment for --rather than to be narcotized.
>
> As for Buffy — yeah, I remember those moments with joy.
>
> Except, of course, Joyce getting her tumour (that is, no joy)  —
> which she found out about the very day that I found out I had a
> tumour....one of the amazing things is how well Joss nailed down the
> exact way one feels at those moments. I was more fortunate than Joyce
> in the aftermath but like the smell of Proust's Madeleine all I need
> do is rewatch those episodes to remember those feelings. And to
> understand them a bit better.
>
> Margaret

Glad it turned out well for you!

I agree, there were a lot of things Joss managed to put across, subtly,
but accurately.

I had similar feelings when Vlad and Cawti split and I was going
through a break up.  It's an odd, feeling, but comforting too in its way.

Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com