[Dragaera] How are Teckla Republics formed?

Steve Rapaport steve at romlin.com
Sat Mar 29 10:16:23 PDT 2008

On 29/03/2008, Jerry Friedman <jerry_friedman at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I've always wondered what happens to the Orb during the Teckla reign.
>

> I've wondered about that too.
>
> > Obviously, since the Empire doesn't (presumably) collapse during these
> > times, SOMEONE is still wearing the thing, and acting as "Emperor".
>

> Or the Orb is at the disposal of some kind of council.

  WOMAN:  We don't have a lord.
  ARTHUR:  What?
  DENNIS:  I told you.  We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune.  We take
      it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.
  ARTHUR:  Yes.
  DENNIS:  But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified
      at a special biweekly meeting.
  ARTHUR:  Yes, I see.
  DENNIS:  By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--
  ARTHUR:  Be quiet!
  DENNIS:  --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--
  ARTHUR:  Be quiet!  I order you to be quiet!
  WOMAN:  Order, eh -- who does he think he is?
  ARTHUR:  I am your king!
  WOMAN:  Well, I didn't vote for you.

Obviously.

--