[Dragaera] Jhegaala - Basically Insignificant Spoilers

Ken Koester kkoester at email.ers.usda.gov
Wed Jul 9 05:16:17 PDT 2008

Erzsébet of Catspirit Wood wrote:

> Louis Eastman wrote:
>
>> This one kind of depressed me, I've got to say.
>

> Me as well, kind of. I didn't feel like it had as many layers as some
> of the other books, as well. Not that it was bad, it just didn't grab
> me as much as some of the others have. Maybe I'll like it better on
> the second read.
>
> Burz reminded me of the mill town in Lemony Snickett's _The Miserable
> Mill_, but I'm sure that's entirely coincidental. ;)

Yeah, it's a bit depressing, but nothing like =Teckla= or =Phoenix=,
both of which I find actually painful to re-read (=Teckla= moreso than
=Phoenix=,in point of fact).

I do wonder how Zerika liked her present, though (-;

I also wonder how Vlad stacks up as a practitioner of the Art.  In this
book, I get the clearest sense ever that he's actually quite a
proficient, or at least knows an awful lot about it.

kk