[Dragaera] Seventeen Maybe Different Jhegaala Spoilers

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:05:50 PDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Scott Schultz wrote:

>> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Scott Schultz wrote:
>>
>>> *spoilers space that won't do you any good if you get the digest...*
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>>> *
>> Note that the costs of transport are trivial under the new Orb.
>
> I'm not sure that assumption is warranted until we see an example of trade
> goods being shipped via teleport. As far as  I can remember, goods in the
> Empire still move around the old fashioned way.

This is already false at the end of the Piroiad.

>> Also I'd expect that adding sorcery to the recipe would solve the
>> stink.  Which leads to the question, why does the meatpacking
>> district smell in Adrilahnka, but ok.
>
> It may be theoretically possible and yet be impractical.

I doubt we know enough to argue the point.

>> Anyway Vlad is a very bizarre trade delegation - is it even an
>> implausible lie?
>
> Apparently not, since the Count doesn't buy it, but it's not all that
> unreasonable on the face of it. Why not send an Easterner to deal with other
> Easterners?

Just that Vlad doesn't make a likely deputation, what with the sword and
the familiars and the attitude.  An older Easterner, more likely a group
including such an Easterner, would be what I'd expect, esp. given
teleportation.  There'd be a letter the Count could read, etc.