[Dragaera] Some speculation on Spellbreaker

Ray Lee ray at madrabbit.org
Mon Sep 29 08:36:01 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> What I'd find more interesting is learning what the Jenoine hoped to
> accomplish by giving Vlad the dagger and sending him to kill Verra.

In Issola it's implied strongly that the Jenoine can, at least
sometimes, to some extent or another, see the future. (See the early
discussion between Sethra and Vlad about skills of the Gods contrasted
to those of the Jenoine.) And the Jenoine picked Vlad in particular to
kill Verra. So, I think it's exactly what it sounded like -- they
believe Vlad will, at some time in the future, be in a position where
he can use Godslayer to 'remove aspects of divinity' (or whatever the
phrasing was) from Verra.

They just don't know when.