[Dragaera] Vlad and the Undead

Alexx Kay alexx at panix.com
Tue Sep 30 23:03:25 PDT 2008

>   With his body dead, off went
> his soul to the Paths, because, of course, nobody would THINK about trying
> to revivify someone killed by a Morganti weapon.

AFAICT, souls don't "go off to the Paths" unless someone sends the
corresponding body over Deathsgate Falls.  Which they presumably wouldn't
bother with if they believed that his soul had been eaten.  But Blackwand
might well have severed his spine in the manner of a normal sword, in
which case sending the body to DF makes sense.

Assuming, of course, that he wasn't already undead at the beginning of
_Taltos_...

Alexx

"Perhaps the perceived forms were more like compound symbols, characters
 in an unknown language that were meant to impart a kind of non-verbal
 information to us.  At that moment it struck me that the entity I appeared
 to be seeing was conveying to me several things by its apparent form:
 Firstly, it was highly skilled in mathematics and in the visual arts that
 pertained to mathematics.  Secondly, it had at least one more spatial
 dimension to play with than I did, and it seemed to take an almost smug
 delight in pointing this fact out to me.  There was a quality of likeable
 vanity that seemed to imply that the emotional range of the entity was not
 vastly different from that of a human being.  (This has not been the case
 with some of the other "species" of imaginary creature that I like to
 imagine I've encountered, and thus seemed worth noting.)"
    -- Alan Moore in correspondence with Dave Sim about _From Hell_