[Dragaera] Vlad and the Undead

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 30 23:17:30 PDT 2008

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, Alexx Kay wrote:

> AFAICT, souls don't "go off to the Paths" unless someone sends the
> corresponding body over Deathsgate Falls.

That would mean that anyone not taking the long trip would be
essentially destroyed at death.  Vlad has dumped a few corpses in
the sea but reported no compunction.  It's hard to imagine that
Kieron and Co. managed to get themselves dumped off from all the way
across the Empire - how did their souls survive?  What's the fate
of drowned sailors?  Teckla?

Certainly in _Dragon_ there's some question at the end about the
utility of sending someone morgantied to the Falls but I don't
see how doing so is required.