[Dragaera] *slaps head about Tukko* *AGYAR SPOILERS*

Philip Hart philiph at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 14 21:02:25 PDT 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Alexx Kay wrote:

> There is little-to-no textev on this.  I *suspect* that 'vampire' and
> 'undead' are both rather poor translations into English of Dragaeran
> concepts that have no exact analogues in our culture.

I had been wondering whether perhaps there was one term, which the
Translator had chosen to render as "vampire" in the earlier-appearing
Texts but then switched to "undead" except for Sethra to be consistent.
Maybe there are as you say two terms, and both have about the same
meaning but one is popular and the other technical.  Vlad in early
Narratives uses the former, as does Savn.  Paarfi I suspect uses the
latter exclusively.