[Dragaera] (no subject)

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 20 22:18:10 PDT 2008

--- On Mon, 10/20/08, andy <bonham15 at cox.net> wrote:
> ahh. i had thought noishpa had told him never to sacrifice
> humans to her. i
> don't remember the blood prohibition... it was one of
> those things where
> vlad didn't understand why not when told, and states
> that he never
> understood why he shouldn't do it, but he never did it,
> i'm assuming out of
> regard for noishpa.  but he most definitely uses his own
> blood to get her
> attention... 'by the blood on verra's floor' as
> a clever new oath that morrolan had never heard....

I was a little mixed up.  You've got it right.

"The surest way to achieve communion with Verra, the
Demon Goddess, involves human sacrifice, which my
grandfather had made me swear never to do....

"As I remembered, and let myself be filled by the awe
of the Easterner and the respect of the Dragaeran, it
occurred to me that blood sacrifice may be carried out
in more than one way.  I took my dagger and sliced
open my left palm, hardly noticing the pain."

/Phoenix/, Lesson 8.

Jerry Friedman